Photobucket

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Set Your Love Upon God


For many days now, I have been meditating on the first sentence in Psalm 91:14: "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him..."

I have had an image in my head of myself taking all the love that is in my heart and setting it upon my God. "Here is all my love God...I give it to You." Setting one's love upon God means that God is the object of one's love, I have been thinking. My love is directed God's way; my eye is fixed upon Him. The answer to the question "What do you love?" or "Who do you love?" is God. He has my love. I have set it upon Him.

Now I am thinking about the song which says, "This is my desire...To honor You...Lord, with all my heart, I worship You...All that is within me, I give you praise...All that I adore is in You...Lord, I give You my heart...I give You my soul...I live for You alone."

That is setting your love upon God. All that I adore is in You. Everything that I love is in You. You created it all. All of it speaks of Your character. All the qualities I adore are in God- beauty, tenderness, freedom, affection, love....all of it is in Him.

Today I looked up the biblical meaning of the phrase "set his love upon Me".
It speaks of being attached to, having pleasure in, delighting in. Setting our love upon God speaks not of our will but our innermost heart, our desire. Is He the first object of our affection, our delight, our pleasure?

Psalm 27:4 "One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. "


1 comments:

Amy said...

Loved this.. I am going to read this again, and really think on it today. Thankyou for sharing this, Esther!

Love you!





 

blogger templates | Make Money Online